Save from $70.00 to $180.00 per month for 20 to 25 years on your electricity bill 100% verified by more than 800,000 customers.
- At UNIVERSAL SOLAR we offer you a 32% SAVINGS on your electricity bill, by eliminating your electric water heater and replacing it with our new models of Solar Heaters.
- Our UNIVERSAL Solar Heaters are manufactured in Toa Baja, Puerto Rico since 1965 and are SRCC certified for your safety.
A solar heater heats the water by using solar energy to provide you with hot water without electricity costs. It consists of three main components:
- Collectors: retain heat from the sun and transmit it to water.
- The thermotank: stores and maintains hot water.
- Piping and valve system: connect the thermotank to the collectors and the resistance water system.
- Safety valve:
It is activated if the temperature exceeds 212°F, to avoid damage to the equipment.
- 400 pounds capacity pressure reducing valve, made of bronze.
- It is activated if the water pressure exceeds 125 pounds of pressure.
- Prevents system breakage.
The natural action of thermosyphon is what makes the water circulate through the heater system without the need for energy, the operation is simple.
- Collectors absorb solar energy.
- Collectors transfer the absorbed heat to the water stored in copper pipes.
- When heated, the water in the copper tubes becomes lighter as its molecules expand.
- Being lighter than cold water, hot water rises to the thermotank, where it displaces cold water.
- Displaced cold water recirculates through the collector, where it heats up.
- The process is repeated indefinitely.
Universal’s solar collector heats an average of 51 gallons per day to a temperature of 122°F, according to the Government of Puerto Rico Energy Office.
The collector that retains the heat of the sun consists of:
A shell or a solid aluminum frame, with an area of approximately 18 square feet (approximately 6 feet long and 3 feet wide) and 24 square feet (approximately 6 feet long and 4 feet wide).
An inch of urethane and fiberglass isolation inside, along with an inch of urethane isolation on its sides.
- This insulation completely prevents the loss of collected heat.
The solar plate consists of copper plate on copper pipe of 3/8 where water runs.
- The 18-square-foot collector consists of 7 lines.
- The 24-square-foot collector consists of 9 lines.
“Blue Tinox” special layer is on plates and tubes.
- Absorbs solar energy.
- Prevents refraction of the solar rays.
Collector’s cover is made of tempered glass specially made for solar heaters.
- Magnificent power conductor
- Shock resistant
- Resistant to sudden temperature changes
- Retains up to 95% of the received solar energy
It is called a thermotank because it is designed as a thermos, which is why it can store the heat collected for up to three days.
- Impact resistant.
1-1/2″ thick polyurethane isolating layer.
- It isolates the internal temperature from the outside temperature.
- Keeps the tank water warm, even if it’s cloudy.
Protective layer of aluminum, a composite of 25mm.
- It protects the polyuretane layer from elements, such as the sun, rain, saltpeter and the action of birds.
- Contributes to the durability of stored heat.
- It doesn’t require painting every year, as with other companies’ equipment.
Fully porcelain-coated interior.
- Prevents the interior walls from corroding by the direct action of water and heat.
Magnesium bar against electrolysis.
- Provides greater durability to the tank.
Electrical resistance and internal thermostat.
- Ensures hot water in case of emergency.
Capacities (two sizes): 82 and 120 gallons.